It has been a hot minute since we last heard from NIKO IS; his last Booth feature, Crazy, hit our front page in April. It looks like he has awoken from his slumber and is now planning to kick off 2014 with a bang. Making its world premiere in the Booth, The Plaza Hotel is the latest single off the artist’s Brutus album, due out in February. The name is fitting, because the breezy Thanks Joey beat—littered with fun, unique samples—gives the song a luxurious, decadent vibe. NIKO and his guest, Casey Veggies, share a raspy, blunted style, and the result is a cut with a strong smoker-friendly vibe. If you enjoyed your stay at The Plaza Hotel, be on the lookout for more from NIKO in the coming months.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/9/13
Submit your Rating
Nu South Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smoking Jacket" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)