Booth newcomer NIKO IS doesn’t always play poker, but when he does, he plays with Action Bronson... and wins an Aston Martin. Making its world premiere right here on our front page, the inaugural song release off the Rio de Janeiro-born, Florida-based emcee’s next street album finds him donning his Smoking Jacket to create one of the suavest jams I’ve heard in a minute. NZM keeps it low-key on the production tip, serving up an exotically mellow, flute-laced backdrop for NIKO’s nonchalant braggadocio. An uncredited singer provides a sultry chorus, and Christopher Andrew Smith directs the stylish official visuals, featuring the aforementioned Flushing rhymesayer as one of his cigar-chomping associates. Fans will be able to find Smoking Jacket and much more on NIKO’s Booth-sponsored Chill Cosby tape, set to hit our front page December 3.
Written by richard on 11/19/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Steffi Graf" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.