Booth newcomer NIKO IS doesn’t always play poker, but when he does, he plays with Action Bronson... and wins an Aston Martin. Making its world premiere right here on our front page, the inaugural song release off the Rio de Janeiro-born, Florida-based emcee’s next street album finds him donning his Smoking Jacket to create one of the suavest jams I’ve heard in a minute. NZM keeps it low-key on the production tip, serving up an exotically mellow, flute-laced backdrop for NIKO’s nonchalant braggadocio. An uncredited singer provides a sultry chorus, and Christopher Andrew Smith directs the stylish official visuals, featuring the aforementioned Flushing rhymesayer as one of his cigar-chomping associates. Fans will be able to find Smoking Jacket and much more on NIKO’s Booth-sponsored Chill Cosby tape, set to hit our front page December 3.
Written by richard on 11/19/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Steffi Graf" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.