Booth newcomer NIKO IS doesn’t always play poker, but when he does, he plays with Action Bronson... and wins an Aston Martin. Making its world premiere right here on our front page, the inaugural song release off the Rio de Janeiro-born, Florida-based emcee’s next street album finds him donning his Smoking Jacket to create one of the suavest jams I’ve heard in a minute. NZM keeps it low-key on the production tip, serving up an exotically mellow, flute-laced backdrop for NIKO’s nonchalant braggadocio. An uncredited singer provides a sultry chorus, and Christopher Andrew Smith directs the stylish official visuals, featuring the aforementioned Flushing rhymesayer as one of his cigar-chomping associates. Fans will be able to find Smoking Jacket and much more on NIKO’s Booth-sponsored Chill Cosby tape, set to hit our front page December 3.
Written by richard on 11/19/12
Submit your Rating
Nu South Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Steffi Graf" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.