Didn’t have time for breakfast? Well, I don’t know how y’all feel about eating spicy food early in the morning, but you’re welcome to enjoy a bowl of NIKO IS‘s Gumbo. This bite-sized single finds the Orlando-based Brazilian-American emcee lacing some vocal-sampled Thanks Joey boardwork with gruff, tightly-wound braggadocio. Premiering right here in The DJBooth, Chris Smith Films‘s visuals depict the artist spitting in the company of a hard-working seamster and a whole lot of empty Jameson bottles. (Yeah, I’m not sure about the backstory, either.) For Gumbo and much more, check out the artist’s Good Blood tape, available now in the Booth. Also, watch our pages for the latest on NIKO’s next LP, the currently unscheduled Brutus.
Written by richard on 07/28/14
Submit your Rating
Nu South Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smoking Jacket" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.