Didn’t have time for breakfast? Well, I don’t know how y’all feel about eating spicy food early in the morning, but you’re welcome to enjoy a bowl of NIKO IS‘s Gumbo. This bite-sized single finds the Orlando-based Brazilian-American emcee lacing some vocal-sampled Thanks Joey boardwork with gruff, tightly-wound braggadocio. Premiering right here in The DJBooth, Chris Smith Films‘s visuals depict the artist spitting in the company of a hard-working seamster and a whole lot of empty Jameson bottles. (Yeah, I’m not sure about the backstory, either.) For Gumbo and much more, check out the artist’s Good Blood tape, available now in the Booth. Also, watch our pages for the latest on NIKO’s next LP, the currently unscheduled Brutus.
Written by richard on 07/28/14
Submit your Rating
Nu South Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smoking Jacket" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.