Didn’t have time for breakfast? Well, I don’t know how y’all feel about eating spicy food early in the morning, but you’re welcome to enjoy a bowl of NIKO IS‘s Gumbo. This bite-sized single finds the Orlando-based Brazilian-American emcee lacing some vocal-sampled Thanks Joey boardwork with gruff, tightly-wound braggadocio. Premiering right here in The DJBooth, Chris Smith Films‘s visuals depict the artist spitting in the company of a hard-working seamster and a whole lot of empty Jameson bottles. (Yeah, I’m not sure about the backstory, either.) For Gumbo and much more, check out the artist’s Good Blood tape, available now in the Booth. Also, watch our pages for the latest on NIKO’s next LP, the currently unscheduled Brutus.
Written by richard on 07/28/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smoking Jacket" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.