Didn’t have time for breakfast? Well, I don’t know how y’all feel about eating spicy food early in the morning, but you’re welcome to enjoy a bowl of NIKO IS‘s Gumbo. This bite-sized single finds the Orlando-based Brazilian-American emcee lacing some vocal-sampled Thanks Joey boardwork with gruff, tightly-wound braggadocio. Premiering right here in The DJBooth, Chris Smith Films‘s visuals depict the artist spitting in the company of a hard-working seamster and a whole lot of empty Jameson bottles. (Yeah, I’m not sure about the backstory, either.) For Gumbo and much more, check out the artist’s Good Blood tape, available now in the Booth. Also, watch our pages for the latest on NIKO’s next LP, the currently unscheduled Brutus.
Written by richard on 07/28/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smoking Jacket" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.