Last December, Brazillian-born, Florida-based rhymesayer NIKO IS linked up with The DJBooth to drop his fourth mixtape of the year, Chill Cosby. Still haven’t copped it? If the avalanche of five-star reviews that greeted the project’s arrival weren’t enough to convince you it’s worth a spin, new single Barracuda just might do the trick. Released along with blunted official visuals by Quinn Parker, this cut finds NIKO taking aim at his competition over a stylish, shapeshifting synth-sample beat by the Foo Dogs. Like what you’re hearing? Of course you do—so click here to cop the full project, which features Barracuda along with previous singles Steffi Graf and Smoking Jacket.
Written by richard on 03/14/13
Submit your Rating
Nu South Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smoking Jacket" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.