Last December, Brazillian-born, Florida-based rhymesayer NIKO IS linked up with The DJBooth to drop his fourth mixtape of the year, Chill Cosby. Still haven’t copped it? If the avalanche of five-star reviews that greeted the project’s arrival weren’t enough to convince you it’s worth a spin, new single Barracuda just might do the trick. Released along with blunted official visuals by Quinn Parker, this cut finds NIKO taking aim at his competition over a stylish, shapeshifting synth-sample beat by the Foo Dogs. Like what you’re hearing? Of course you do—so click here to cop the full project, which features Barracuda along with previous singles Steffi Graf and Smoking Jacket.
Written by richard on 03/14/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smoking Jacket" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.