Last December, Brazillian-born, Florida-based rhymesayer NIKO IS linked up with The DJBooth to drop his fourth mixtape of the year, Chill Cosby. Still haven’t copped it? If the avalanche of five-star reviews that greeted the project’s arrival weren’t enough to convince you it’s worth a spin, new single Barracuda just might do the trick. Released along with blunted official visuals by Quinn Parker, this cut finds NIKO taking aim at his competition over a stylish, shapeshifting synth-sample beat by the Foo Dogs. Like what you’re hearing? Of course you do—so click here to cop the full project, which features Barracuda along with previous singles Steffi Graf and Smoking Jacket.
Written by richard on 03/14/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smoking Jacket" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.