If you aren’t a soccer fan, then the title of NIKO IS‘s latest feature might have gone over your head like a goal kick. The Ballon d’Or is a FIFA award given to the most outstanding footballer (soccer player) of that year. The title is fitting because, on the mic, NIKO displays Christiano-like skill. On his pitch, a lavish, boom bap-inspired beat by Thanks Joey, Niko delivers tongue-twisting bars in a confident flow that evokes the image of Messi weaving past the defense. Like Messi, Niko finishes strong. As the beat builds the track transforms into a more assertive groove, as Niko kicks it up a notch and whips out a more authoritative flow to end the record with a bang. This football-themed cut can be found on NIKO’s forthcoming, Booth-hosted project, GoodBlood due out next week.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/4/14
Submit your Rating
Nu South Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smoking Jacket" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)