If you aren’t a soccer fan, then the title of NIKO IS‘s latest feature might have gone over your head like a goal kick. The Ballon d’Or is a FIFA award given to the most outstanding footballer (soccer player) of that year. The title is fitting because, on the mic, NIKO displays Christiano-like skill. On his pitch, a lavish, boom bap-inspired beat by Thanks Joey, Niko delivers tongue-twisting bars in a confident flow that evokes the image of Messi weaving past the defense. Like Messi, Niko finishes strong. As the beat builds the track transforms into a more assertive groove, as Niko kicks it up a notch and whips out a more authoritative flow to end the record with a bang. This football-themed cut can be found on NIKO’s forthcoming, Booth-hosted project, GoodBlood due out next week.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/4/14
Submit your Rating
Nu South Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smoking Jacket" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.