As his many fans in the Booth will recall, NIKO IS was born in Rio de Janeiro, and moved to Florida at the age of seven. On new single 2 Cents, the indie buzzmaker takes a little piece of his native country’s musical history and transplants it into a contemporary hip-hop context. Beatsmith Thanks Joey transforms Brazilian singer-songwriter Milton Nascimento’s Canoa Canoa into a lush backdrop for some triumphant, engagingly-flowed bars from the Nu South signee. Pablo Vasquez‘s official video—making its world premiere on our front page—rounds out the package. For 2 Cents and much more, cop NIKO’s Good Blood mixtape, released via the Booth in March.
Written by richard on 06/18/14
Brazilian-American rhymesayer NIKO IS has come together with The DJBooth, Colours of the Culture and Javotti Media to bring listeners his latest street release, the Good Blood mixtape. The follow-up to last summer's The...
Nu South Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smoking Jacket" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.