As his many fans in the Booth will recall, NIKO IS was born in Rio de Janeiro, and moved to Florida at the age of seven. On new single 2 Cents, the indie buzzmaker takes a little piece of his native country’s musical history and transplants it into a contemporary hip-hop context. Beatsmith Thanks Joey transforms Brazilian singer-songwriter Milton Nascimento’s Canoa Canoa into a lush backdrop for some triumphant, engagingly-flowed bars from the Nu South signee. Pablo Vasquez‘s official video—making its world premiere on our front page—rounds out the package. For 2 Cents and much more, cop NIKO’s Good Blood mixtape, released via the Booth in March.
Written by richard on 06/18/14
Brazilian-American rhymesayer NIKO IS has come together with The DJBooth, Colours of the Culture and Javotti Media to bring listeners his latest street release, the Good Blood mixtape. The follow-up to last summer's The...
Nu South Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smoking Jacket" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)