As his many fans in the Booth will recall, NIKO IS was born in Rio de Janeiro, and moved to Florida at the age of seven. On new single 2 Cents, the indie buzzmaker takes a little piece of his native country’s musical history and transplants it into a contemporary hip-hop context. Beatsmith Thanks Joey transforms Brazilian singer-songwriter Milton Nascimento’s Canoa Canoa into a lush backdrop for some triumphant, engagingly-flowed bars from the Nu South signee. Pablo Vasquez‘s official video—making its world premiere on our front page—rounds out the package. For 2 Cents and much more, cop NIKO’s Good Blood mixtape, released via the Booth in March.
Written by richard on 06/18/14
Brazilian-American rhymesayer NIKO IS has come together with The DJBooth, Colours of the Culture and Javotti Media to bring listeners his latest street release, the Good Blood mixtape. The follow-up to last summer's The...
Nu South Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smoking Jacket" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.