I have never been to Minneapolis, but I’ve been told by DJBooth Editor (and Twin Cities native) Richard S. that it can get pretty damn cold. However, if Nights In Minneapolis are any thing like Nikko Lafre‘s new single, it’s the damn desert; in other words, it’s hot. Places like New York and L.A. are no stranger to anthems, but now it’s Minnesota’s turn. Atop K. Beatz’ hazy production, Nikko celebrates his hometown and reminds everyone that no matter where he goes, he will always be a Minnesotan at heart. What really makes this effort work is the passion in his voice. When repping your city, you have to bring it, and Lafre most certainly brings it. This effort will appear on Nikko’s forthcoming summer project, Soul Purpose. For more of his work we encourage readers to check out his Survival: Face the World EP, which is available for stream and download via The DJBooth.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/28/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Life I Chose " (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.