Who needs drugs when you’ve got Virginia rapper Nikko Knight? For well over a decade Knight’s world has revolved around music. The DMV representer began to kick rhymes starting at the early age of 10, and years later he enrolled at the OMEGA Studios’ School of Applied Recording Arts and Sciences in Maryland to pursue a career in the industry. For his The DJBooth debut Knight offers up his latest single, The Drug, and those who are in need of a musical fix should be more than satisfied. Complimenting Knight’s bold lyricism on The Drug is a visual which finds the emcee spitting his verses in the middle of Harlem. On the production end of The Drug, producer Elite flips The Temptations’ popular 1972 single Papa Was A Rolling Stone, which makes the record pretty funky to say the least. If you’ve found yourself slightly addicted after listening to Knight’s Booth debut then head over to Audiomack to download the emcee’s debut project, BornWinner.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/14/12
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.