Who needs drugs when you’ve got Virginia rapper Nikko Knight? For well over a decade Knight’s world has revolved around music. The DMV representer began to kick rhymes starting at the early age of 10, and years later he enrolled at the OMEGA Studios’ School of Applied Recording Arts and Sciences in Maryland to pursue a career in the industry. For his The DJBooth debut Knight offers up his latest single, The Drug, and those who are in need of a musical fix should be more than satisfied. Complimenting Knight’s bold lyricism on The Drug is a visual which finds the emcee spitting his verses in the middle of Harlem. On the production end of The Drug, producer Elite flips The Temptations’ popular 1972 single Papa Was A Rolling Stone, which makes the record pretty funky to say the least. If you’ve found yourself slightly addicted after listening to Knight’s Booth debut then head over to Audiomack to download the emcee’s debut project, BornWinner.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/14/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.