Previously heard lending her hook vocals to Speak Her Sex, a cut off Booth fave Yelawolf‘s Trunk Muzik mixtape, SupaHot Beats singer Nikkiya steps into the solo spotlight on When I Was High. The lead single off the artist’s set, this left-of-center banger finds her label bosses serving up a unique, orchestral beat as Nikkiya admits just how much better she feels under the influence of Mary Jane. Stay tuned for further details on SpeakHer, which has yet to receive a release date.
Written by richard on 05/20/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nobody But Me" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.