Just how big does Nikkiya do it on her latest mixtape? Well, if the up-and-coming crooner were cast as a character in the film Titanic, she’d play the iceberg. And her rivals? They’d be the hapless passengers trying to escape from the sinking ship. For proof, simply check out this standout cut (and opening track) off the project, which finds the ATL soul songstress showcasing a level of swag far outstripping her colleagues in the R&B game—in fact, she dwarfs quite a few rappers I could name. Project collaborator WillPower excels, as usual, on the production tip, as does songwriter Dorothy “THEDot” Wilson; over the SupahotBeats producer’s buzzing synths and syncopated rhythm section, Nikkiya exults in her growing power over the game: “Every day is a new conquest / Letting me know that I’m the best. / Not to brag, but it’s the truth / I was born to rock the booth.” Has this gargantuan selection whet your appetite for more? Then prepare to be blown away—currently holding a perfect, five-star record of reader reviews, the up-and-comer’s DJBooth.net-hosted SPEAKHER digital album is available here for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 08/18/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"When I Was High" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.