Given hipsters’ enthusiasm for outmoded media formats (Apparently cassette tapes are currently making a comeback.), it may not be long before nostalgia addicts start sending each other Telegrams instead of Emails. As usual, Nikkiya is ahead of the curve. Making its world premiere on our front page, this freshly-minted mixtape inclusion finds the Warner/Chappell singer-songwriter tapping out an S.O.S. to the man she loves. D. Cro$$ provides a string-drenched 6/8 beat to accompany her plaintive vocals. This poignant cut is just the beginning of the quality material in store on forthcoming mixtape sheBLACKOUT, which will drop June 10 for exclusive download via The DJBooth. In the meantime, why not take a listen to The First Agreement, Nikkiya’s 2013 collaboration with Dizzy Wright?
Written by richard on 05/28/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"When I Was High" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.