Given hipsters’ enthusiasm for outmoded media formats (Apparently cassette tapes are currently making a comeback.), it may not be long before nostalgia addicts start sending each other Telegrams instead of Emails. As usual, Nikkiya is ahead of the curve. Making its world premiere on our front page, this freshly-minted mixtape inclusion finds the Warner/Chappell singer-songwriter tapping out an S.O.S. to the man she loves. D. Cro$$ provides a string-drenched 6/8 beat to accompany her plaintive vocals. This poignant cut is just the beginning of the quality material in store on forthcoming mixtape sheBLACKOUT, which will drop June 10 for exclusive download via The DJBooth. In the meantime, why not take a listen to The First Agreement, Nikkiya’s 2013 collaboration with Dizzy Wright?
Written by richard on 05/28/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"When I Was High" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.