Given hipsters’ enthusiasm for outmoded media formats (Apparently cassette tapes are currently making a comeback.), it may not be long before nostalgia addicts start sending each other Telegrams instead of Emails. As usual, Nikkiya is ahead of the curve. Making its world premiere on our front page, this freshly-minted mixtape inclusion finds the Warner/Chappell singer-songwriter tapping out an S.O.S. to the man she loves. D. Cro$$ provides a string-drenched 6/8 beat to accompany her plaintive vocals. This poignant cut is just the beginning of the quality material in store on forthcoming mixtape sheBLACKOUT, which will drop June 10 for exclusive download via The DJBooth. In the meantime, why not take a listen to The First Agreement, Nikkiya’s 2013 collaboration with Dizzy Wright?
Written by richard on 05/28/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"When I Was High" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.