Given hipsters’ enthusiasm for outmoded media formats (Apparently cassette tapes are currently making a comeback.), it may not be long before nostalgia addicts start sending each other Telegrams instead of Emails. As usual, Nikkiya is ahead of the curve. Making its world premiere on our front page, this freshly-minted mixtape inclusion finds the Warner/Chappell singer-songwriter tapping out an S.O.S. to the man she loves. D. Cro$$ provides a string-drenched 6/8 beat to accompany her plaintive vocals. This poignant cut is just the beginning of the quality material in store on forthcoming mixtape sheBLACKOUT, which will drop June 10 for exclusive download via The DJBooth. In the meantime, why not take a listen to The First Agreement, Nikkiya’s 2013 collaboration with Dizzy Wright?
Written by richard on 05/28/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"When I Was High" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.