Forever is a long time and, even if familiarity doesn’t necessarily breed contempt, it has a way of gradually magnifying a partner’s once-lovable flaws into major annoyances. On her latest effort, a record currently unattached to any forthcoming project, Nikkiya celebrates the minor miracle that she and her man still have yet to drive each other up the wall, while acknowledging that his behavior occasionally has her “Sailing away on [her] tears.” Though frequent production collaborator Will Power (of SupaHot Beats) shoots for a blissfully mellow, vintage-soul vibe on the production tip, the ATL songbird delivers her verses with her trademark bite, exhibiting both self-assurance and vulnerability as she wonders, “How do I put up with you, and your baby’s mother, too?” As mentioned above, it has yet to be determined where this joint will end up, but we’ll let you know if and when it finds a home. In the meantime, why not check out the singer’s Booth-sponsored debut set (recently selected as Spin‘s sixth best R&B album of 2011!), SpeakHer?
Written by richard on 01/4/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"When I Was High" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.