Forever is a long time and, even if familiarity doesn’t necessarily breed contempt, it has a way of gradually magnifying a partner’s once-lovable flaws into major annoyances. On her latest effort, a record currently unattached to any forthcoming project, Nikkiya celebrates the minor miracle that she and her man still have yet to drive each other up the wall, while acknowledging that his behavior occasionally has her “Sailing away on [her] tears.” Though frequent production collaborator Will Power (of SupaHot Beats) shoots for a blissfully mellow, vintage-soul vibe on the production tip, the ATL songbird delivers her verses with her trademark bite, exhibiting both self-assurance and vulnerability as she wonders, “How do I put up with you, and your baby’s mother, too?” As mentioned above, it has yet to be determined where this joint will end up, but we’ll let you know if and when it finds a home. In the meantime, why not check out the singer’s Booth-sponsored debut set (recently selected as Spin‘s sixth best R&B album of 2011!), SpeakHer?
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"When I Was High" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.