Songstress Nikkiya has been quickly making a name for herself since the debut of her DJBooth hosted album SpeakHer. She managed to snag two Best of the Booth awards in 2011 and will be performing at The DJBooth Showcase at SXSW this March. When somebody has that kind of success going on, what do they do? Re-package and re-release the product to a larger audience, and that is exactly what Nikkiya is doing with SpeakHer Overload on March 20. New song Hold On Me will be featured on Overload, and the cut is most definitely a tasty one. Nikkiya’s beautiful and soulful voice sounds great over the WillPower produced track that is simple yet accentuates and builds when the time is right. The song doesn’t beat you over the head but rather allows the sensuality of having a crush on the verge of love to breathe and exist without drowned the song in over-produced sounds. The only downside to the track is that it’s 3:22 long; Hold On Me would’ve easily been listenable for far longer.
Written by JC Poppe on 02/14/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"When I Was High" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.