If you listened to Nikki Lynette‘s latest street album when it hit the Booth in May, you likely remember hearing the Chi-town buzzmaker air her grievances with a callous man on Walk Away. While the treatment she described on the standout cut was enough to make any listener bristle with indignation, there are always at least two sides to every lovers’ quarrel… right? Well, maybe not—judging by the official premiere of the remix, which finds Emilio Rojas telling the man’s side of the story, her criticisms were pretty much dead-on. Over Matt Hennessy‘s instrumental, an electric guitar-infused interpolation of Ice Cube‘s It Was a Good Day, Lynette accuses him of just sticking around for the sex “I’m worried that you only stay cause when my hips around your waist, you won’t get my performance from a woman with a different face.”), and the Big Apple Booth fave’s retort “I like that kinky sh*t, public bathrooms you, on the sink and wet / The rest of the time baby, I’m thinking it is boring.” Sounds like the relationship’s not long for this world; the Booth’s love affair with Lynette’s music, however, will continue unabated. For the original version of this record and much more, check out Roses N Guns 2 still available free of charge on our mixtape page.
Written by richard on 10/4/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothing to Worry About [Premiere]" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.