If you listened to Nikki Lynette‘s latest street album when it hit the Booth in May, you likely remember hearing the Chi-town buzzmaker air her grievances with a callous man on Walk Away. While the treatment she described on the standout cut was enough to make any listener bristle with indignation, there are always at least two sides to every lovers’ quarrel… right? Well, maybe not—judging by the official premiere of the remix, which finds Emilio Rojas telling the man’s side of the story, her criticisms were pretty much dead-on. Over Matt Hennessy‘s instrumental, an electric guitar-infused interpolation of Ice Cube‘s It Was a Good Day, Lynette accuses him of just sticking around for the sex “I’m worried that you only stay cause when my hips around your waist, you won’t get my performance from a woman with a different face.”), and the Big Apple Booth fave’s retort “I like that kinky sh*t, public bathrooms you, on the sink and wet / The rest of the time baby, I’m thinking it is boring.” Sounds like the relationship’s not long for this world; the Booth’s love affair with Lynette’s music, however, will continue unabated. For the original version of this record and much more, check out Roses N Guns 2 still available free of charge on our mixtape page.
Written by richard on 10/4/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothing to Worry About [Premiere]" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.