Love is always a gamble, and lately the odds seem to be against Nikki Lynette. Whereas her last feature, Sometimes, was an almost desperate expression of devotion to a certain man, the newly-released Disappear finds the Chi-town recording artist disenchanted with matters of the heart altogether. As she outlines her reasons for walking away from her latest affair (“I just can’t afford these lovesick losing streaks.”) Lynette showcases the full power and expressiveness of her vocal style, even throwing in a few throaty growls à la Christina Aguilera. In addition to penning and performing the cut, she handles production, cooking up a guitar-led power ballad backdrop for her verses. Disappear is an outtake from Lynette’s forthcoming LP, Respect My Disrespect. Keep it locked to the Booth for further details on the project, which currently lacks a drop date.
Written by richard on 03/7/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothing to Worry About [Premiere]" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.