Love is always a gamble, and lately the odds seem to be against Nikki Lynette. Whereas her last feature, Sometimes, was an almost desperate expression of devotion to a certain man, the newly-released Disappear finds the Chi-town recording artist disenchanted with matters of the heart altogether. As she outlines her reasons for walking away from her latest affair (“I just can’t afford these lovesick losing streaks.”) Lynette showcases the full power and expressiveness of her vocal style, even throwing in a few throaty growls à la Christina Aguilera. In addition to penning and performing the cut, she handles production, cooking up a guitar-led power ballad backdrop for her verses. Disappear is an outtake from Lynette’s forthcoming LP, Respect My Disrespect. Keep it locked to the Booth for further details on the project, which currently lacks a drop date.
Written by richard on 03/7/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothing to Worry About [Premiere]" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.