Love is always a gamble, and lately the odds seem to be against Nikki Lynette. Whereas her last feature, Sometimes, was an almost desperate expression of devotion to a certain man, the newly-released Disappear finds the Chi-town recording artist disenchanted with matters of the heart altogether. As she outlines her reasons for walking away from her latest affair (“I just can’t afford these lovesick losing streaks.”) Lynette showcases the full power and expressiveness of her vocal style, even throwing in a few throaty growls à la Christina Aguilera. In addition to penning and performing the cut, she handles production, cooking up a guitar-led power ballad backdrop for her verses. Disappear is an outtake from Lynette’s forthcoming LP, Respect My Disrespect. Keep it locked to the Booth for further details on the project, which currently lacks a drop date.
Written by richard on 03/7/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothing to Worry About [Premiere]" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Ludacris ft. Miguel - Good Lovin’
- Lupe Fiasco ft. PJ - Mazinger
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (October 2014)
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.