When an artist refers to a new record as “...by far the dopest track I’ve ever produced,” fans owe it to themselves to check it out. And when the cut in question is a Booth-exclusive world premiere, well, you’d be crazy not to give it your full attention. New mixtape Crossroads may not be as far-out as the Marilyn Manson-inspired Beautiful People and the Family Guy-sampled Bird = Word 2.0, but it is the most thorough demonstration of the Chitown femcee’s skill and insight to date. Over her own slow-burning, synth-piano boardwork, the freestyle series alum spits bars dedicated to the memory of her late father, showcasing her blistering flows as she waxes philosophical about human finitude. And, as if that weren’t fresh enough, she proceeds to lace the chorus with some jaw-dropping R&B vocals. An old hand at such soul-infused rap bangers, Krayzie Bone lends his own brisk, melodic rhymes to the joint’s latter portion. Impressed? Of course you are – so you don’t need me to tell you to cop Lynette’s Booth-sponsored Roses N’ Guns 2: The BADDER ASSED Mixtape That Rocks when it hits our front page May 18.
Written by richard on 05/16/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothing to Worry About [Premiere]" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.