When an artist refers to a new record as “...by far the dopest track I’ve ever produced,” fans owe it to themselves to check it out. And when the cut in question is a Booth-exclusive world premiere, well, you’d be crazy not to give it your full attention. New mixtape Crossroads may not be as far-out as the Marilyn Manson-inspired Beautiful People and the Family Guy-sampled Bird = Word 2.0, but it is the most thorough demonstration of the Chitown femcee’s skill and insight to date. Over her own slow-burning, synth-piano boardwork, the freestyle series alum spits bars dedicated to the memory of her late father, showcasing her blistering flows as she waxes philosophical about human finitude. And, as if that weren’t fresh enough, she proceeds to lace the chorus with some jaw-dropping R&B vocals. An old hand at such soul-infused rap bangers, Krayzie Bone lends his own brisk, melodic rhymes to the joint’s latter portion. Impressed? Of course you are – so you don’t need me to tell you to cop Lynette’s Booth-sponsored Roses N’ Guns 2: The BADDER ASSED Mixtape That Rocks when it hits our front page May 18.
Written by richard on 05/16/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothing to Worry About [Premiere]" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)