When an artist refers to a new record as “...by far the dopest track I’ve ever produced,” fans owe it to themselves to check it out. And when the cut in question is a Booth-exclusive world premiere, well, you’d be crazy not to give it your full attention. New mixtape Crossroads may not be as far-out as the Marilyn Manson-inspired Beautiful People and the Family Guy-sampled Bird = Word 2.0, but it is the most thorough demonstration of the Chitown femcee’s skill and insight to date. Over her own slow-burning, synth-piano boardwork, the freestyle series alum spits bars dedicated to the memory of her late father, showcasing her blistering flows as she waxes philosophical about human finitude. And, as if that weren’t fresh enough, she proceeds to lace the chorus with some jaw-dropping R&B vocals. An old hand at such soul-infused rap bangers, Krayzie Bone lends his own brisk, melodic rhymes to the joint’s latter portion. Impressed? Of course you are – so you don’t need me to tell you to cop Lynette’s Booth-sponsored Roses N’ Guns 2: The BADDER ASSED Mixtape That Rocks when it hits our front page May 18.
Written by richard on 05/16/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothing to Worry About [Premiere]" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.