Once a regular presence on our pages, Nikki Lynette seemed to drop off the face of the earth after bringing us Young & Dumb, a collaboration with indie-rockers I Fight Dragons, back in August of 2011. Two years (almost to the day) later, the Chi-Town rapper, singer, songwriter and producer picks up right where she left off with the inaugural song release off her next EP. Returning the favor from the aforementioned joint, Lynette links up with constant collaborator Matt Hennessy to give Crazies, a single off IFD’s debut album, the official remix treatment. Flowing over a tweaked version of the original’s power-pop backdrop, Lynette embraces her eccentricity in quirky, yet inspiring verses: “We all got a screw loose, just unfasten me / Maybe I’m crazy, at least I’m not alone babe.” Now that Lynette’s back, are you craving more fresh cuts? Then keep it locked; Respect My Disrespect currently lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 08/18/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothing to Worry About [Premiere]" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)