Once a regular presence on our pages, Nikki Lynette seemed to drop off the face of the earth after bringing us Young & Dumb, a collaboration with indie-rockers I Fight Dragons, back in August of 2011. Two years (almost to the day) later, the Chi-Town rapper, singer, songwriter and producer picks up right where she left off with the inaugural song release off her next EP. Returning the favor from the aforementioned joint, Lynette links up with constant collaborator Matt Hennessy to give Crazies, a single off IFD’s debut album, the official remix treatment. Flowing over a tweaked version of the original’s power-pop backdrop, Lynette embraces her eccentricity in quirky, yet inspiring verses: “We all got a screw loose, just unfasten me / Maybe I’m crazy, at least I’m not alone babe.” Now that Lynette’s back, are you craving more fresh cuts? Then keep it locked; Respect My Disrespect currently lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 08/18/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothing to Worry About [Premiere]" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.