Once a regular presence on our pages, Nikki Lynette seemed to drop off the face of the earth after bringing us Young & Dumb, a collaboration with indie-rockers I Fight Dragons, back in August of 2011. Two years (almost to the day) later, the Chi-Town rapper, singer, songwriter and producer picks up right where she left off with the inaugural song release off her next EP. Returning the favor from the aforementioned joint, Lynette links up with constant collaborator Matt Hennessy to give Crazies, a single off IFD’s debut album, the official remix treatment. Flowing over a tweaked version of the original’s power-pop backdrop, Lynette embraces her eccentricity in quirky, yet inspiring verses: “We all got a screw loose, just unfasten me / Maybe I’m crazy, at least I’m not alone babe.” Now that Lynette’s back, are you craving more fresh cuts? Then keep it locked; Respect My Disrespect currently lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 08/18/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothing to Worry About [Premiere]" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.