Once a regular presence on our pages, Nikki Lynette seemed to drop off the face of the earth after bringing us Young & Dumb, a collaboration with indie-rockers I Fight Dragons, back in August of 2011. Two years (almost to the day) later, the Chi-Town rapper, singer, songwriter and producer picks up right where she left off with the inaugural song release off her next EP. Returning the favor from the aforementioned joint, Lynette links up with constant collaborator Matt Hennessy to give Crazies, a single off IFD’s debut album, the official remix treatment. Flowing over a tweaked version of the original’s power-pop backdrop, Lynette embraces her eccentricity in quirky, yet inspiring verses: “We all got a screw loose, just unfasten me / Maybe I’m crazy, at least I’m not alone babe.” Now that Lynette’s back, are you craving more fresh cuts? Then keep it locked; Respect My Disrespect currently lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted as further details emerge.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothing to Worry About [Premiere]" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!