Once a regular presence on our pages, Nikki Lynette seemed to drop off the face of the earth after bringing us Young & Dumb, a collaboration with indie-rockers I Fight Dragons, back in August of 2011. Two years (almost to the day) later, the Chi-Town rapper, singer, songwriter and producer picks up right where she left off with the inaugural song release off her next EP. Returning the favor from the aforementioned joint, Lynette links up with constant collaborator Matt Hennessy to give Crazies, a single off IFD’s debut album, the official remix treatment. Flowing over a tweaked version of the original’s power-pop backdrop, Lynette embraces her eccentricity in quirky, yet inspiring verses: “We all got a screw loose, just unfasten me / Maybe I’m crazy, at least I’m not alone babe.” Now that Lynette’s back, are you craving more fresh cuts? Then keep it locked; Respect My Disrespect currently lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 08/18/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothing to Worry About [Premiere]" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.