Nikki Lynette has to be a time traveler. It is the only way that this Chicago representative could make such a an authentic 70’s-esque sonic adventure like Beneath My City. Taking all the woes and triumphs of her native city, Nikki truly raps and sing her heart out as if she has the weight of the world (or at least Chicago) on her shoulders. Utilizing her extensive skill set, this unique talent uses Beneath My City to show off her producing, singing, and rhyming skills over a funky guitar-infused instrumental. While her self-produced beat may sound retro, Nikki is lyrically progressive, sprinkling intelligent tidbits upon the listeners while holding their attention with an interesting flow. Nikki Lynette’s next project, Roses N’ Guns is being hosted by DJBooth, so to say we’re looking forward to it is an understatement. But, with glowing reviews about Roses N’ Guns’ first premiere, Nothing to Worry About, I think Beneath My City will shine just as brightly, and have YOU trying to time travel forward to its release date on May 18.
Written by Quentin Cuff on 05/5/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothing to Worry About [Premiere]" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)