Nikki Lynette has to be a time traveler. It is the only way that this Chicago representative could make such a an authentic 70’s-esque sonic adventure like Beneath My City. Taking all the woes and triumphs of her native city, Nikki truly raps and sing her heart out as if she has the weight of the world (or at least Chicago) on her shoulders. Utilizing her extensive skill set, this unique talent uses Beneath My City to show off her producing, singing, and rhyming skills over a funky guitar-infused instrumental. While her self-produced beat may sound retro, Nikki is lyrically progressive, sprinkling intelligent tidbits upon the listeners while holding their attention with an interesting flow. Nikki Lynette’s next project, Roses N’ Guns is being hosted by DJBooth, so to say we’re looking forward to it is an understatement. But, with glowing reviews about Roses N’ Guns’ first premiere, Nothing to Worry About, I think Beneath My City will shine just as brightly, and have YOU trying to time travel forward to its release date on May 18.
Written by Quentin Cuff on 05/5/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothing to Worry About [Premiere]" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.