Nikki Lynette has to be a time traveler. It is the only way that this Chicago representative could make such a an authentic 70’s-esque sonic adventure like Beneath My City. Taking all the woes and triumphs of her native city, Nikki truly raps and sing her heart out as if she has the weight of the world (or at least Chicago) on her shoulders. Utilizing her extensive skill set, this unique talent uses Beneath My City to show off her producing, singing, and rhyming skills over a funky guitar-infused instrumental. While her self-produced beat may sound retro, Nikki is lyrically progressive, sprinkling intelligent tidbits upon the listeners while holding their attention with an interesting flow. Nikki Lynette’s next project, Roses N’ Guns is being hosted by DJBooth, so to say we’re looking forward to it is an understatement. But, with glowing reviews about Roses N’ Guns’ first premiere, Nothing to Worry About, I think Beneath My City will shine just as brightly, and have YOU trying to time travel forward to its release date on May 18.
Written by Quentin Cuff on 05/5/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothing to Worry About [Premiere]" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.