Previously featured as a guest vocalist on joints by Slim The Mobster (Dreaming) and Focus… (High off Music), R&B songstress Nikki Grier makes her first foray into the solo Booth spotlight with LA LA LA. Despite sharing a title (minus the caps) with previously-featured records by MGK, Snoop Dogg, Quiet Storm, Auburn and LMFAO, this freshly-minted EP single boasts a unique and refreshing vibe, thanks to Seige Monstracity‘s jittery, synth-laced rhythm section and the singer’s soulfully down-to-earth verses (“Sometimes you say that I’m bougie / and even though I like Gucci, I eat Top Ramen and drink brewskis.”). Fans will be able to find this record and plenty more where it came from on Grier’s Soulgasm Vol.9 (The Dreamy Water Sign), dropping digitally tomorrow, March 8.
Written by richard on 03/7/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.