Previously featured as a guest vocalist on joints by Slim The Mobster (Dreaming) and Focus… (High off Music), R&B songstress Nikki Grier makes her first foray into the solo Booth spotlight with LA LA LA. Despite sharing a title (minus the caps) with previously-featured records by MGK, Snoop Dogg, Quiet Storm, Auburn and LMFAO, this freshly-minted EP single boasts a unique and refreshing vibe, thanks to Seige Monstracity‘s jittery, synth-laced rhythm section and the singer’s soulfully down-to-earth verses (“Sometimes you say that I’m bougie / and even though I like Gucci, I eat Top Ramen and drink brewskis.”). Fans will be able to find this record and plenty more where it came from on Grier’s Soulgasm Vol.9 (The Dreamy Water Sign), dropping digitally tomorrow, March 8.
Written by richard on 03/7/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)