Previously featured as a guest vocalist on joints by Slim The Mobster (Dreaming) and Focus… (High off Music), R&B songstress Nikki Grier makes her first foray into the solo Booth spotlight with LA LA LA. Despite sharing a title (minus the caps) with previously-featured records by MGK, Snoop Dogg, Quiet Storm, Auburn and LMFAO, this freshly-minted EP single boasts a unique and refreshing vibe, thanks to Seige Monstracity‘s jittery, synth-laced rhythm section and the singer’s soulfully down-to-earth verses (“Sometimes you say that I’m bougie / and even though I like Gucci, I eat Top Ramen and drink brewskis.”). Fans will be able to find this record and plenty more where it came from on Grier’s Soulgasm Vol.9 (The Dreamy Water Sign), dropping digitally tomorrow, March 8.
Written by richard on 03/7/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)