Previously featured as a guest vocalist on joints by Slim The Mobster (Dreaming) and Focus… (High off Music), R&B songstress Nikki Grier makes her first foray into the solo Booth spotlight with LA LA LA. Despite sharing a title (minus the caps) with previously-featured records by MGK, Snoop Dogg, Quiet Storm, Auburn and LMFAO, this freshly-minted EP single boasts a unique and refreshing vibe, thanks to Seige Monstracity‘s jittery, synth-laced rhythm section and the singer’s soulfully down-to-earth verses (“Sometimes you say that I’m bougie / and even though I like Gucci, I eat Top Ramen and drink brewskis.”). Fans will be able to find this record and plenty more where it came from on Grier’s Soulgasm Vol.9 (The Dreamy Water Sign), dropping digitally tomorrow, March 8.
Written by richard on 03/7/13
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.