Previously featured as a guest vocalist on joints by Slim The Mobster (Dreaming) and Focus… (High off Music), R&B songstress Nikki Grier makes her first foray into the solo Booth spotlight with LA LA LA. Despite sharing a title (minus the caps) with previously-featured records by MGK, Snoop Dogg, Quiet Storm, Auburn and LMFAO, this freshly-minted EP single boasts a unique and refreshing vibe, thanks to Seige Monstracity‘s jittery, synth-laced rhythm section and the singer’s soulfully down-to-earth verses (“Sometimes you say that I’m bougie / and even though I like Gucci, I eat Top Ramen and drink brewskis.”). Fans will be able to find this record and plenty more where it came from on Grier’s Soulgasm Vol.9 (The Dreamy Water Sign), dropping digitally tomorrow, March 8.
Written by richard on 03/7/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.