No, you’re not suffering the after-effects from celebrating too much yesterday (unless you’re still celebrating), this track is real. The only question from me is where was Nikki Lynette during yesterday’s 4/20 festivities? With her newest single, Bird = Word 2.0, Lynette is out to prove that she isn’t the only Nikki/Nicki worthy of attention on the hip-hop scene (I prefer her, actually). With vocal spasticity that would make F. Baby’s head spin, the Freestyle Series alum absolutely destroys one of the more experimental street productions we’ve heard in a minute, courtesy of Matt Hennessey and the first extended Family Guy sample in music history. In addition to previous release Pick A Side, records like these turn listeners heads, which is good, because now everyone knows Nikki’s not to be slept on…and that the bird is the word. If you liked this little piece of insanity, be sure to keep it locked to the DJBooth when we drop her latest mixtape, Roses N’ Guns 2: The Badder Assed Mixtape That Rocks, on May 18, and be sure to check out Bird‘s accompanying video.
Written by Sigurd on 04/21/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothing to Worry About [Premiere]" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.