No, you’re not suffering the after-effects from celebrating too much yesterday (unless you’re still celebrating), this track is real. The only question from me is where was Nikki Lynette during yesterday’s 4/20 festivities? With her newest single, Bird = Word 2.0, Lynette is out to prove that she isn’t the only Nikki/Nicki worthy of attention on the hip-hop scene (I prefer her, actually). With vocal spasticity that would make F. Baby’s head spin, the Freestyle Series alum absolutely destroys one of the more experimental street productions we’ve heard in a minute, courtesy of Matt Hennessey and the first extended Family Guy sample in music history. In addition to previous release Pick A Side, records like these turn listeners heads, which is good, because now everyone knows Nikki’s not to be slept on…and that the bird is the word. If you liked this little piece of insanity, be sure to keep it locked to the DJBooth when we drop her latest mixtape, Roses N’ Guns 2: The Badder Assed Mixtape That Rocks, on May 18, and be sure to check out Bird‘s accompanying video.
Written by Sigurd on 04/21/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothing to Worry About [Premiere]" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.