No, you’re not suffering the after-effects from celebrating too much yesterday (unless you’re still celebrating), this track is real. The only question from me is where was Nikki Lynette during yesterday’s 4/20 festivities? With her newest single, Bird = Word 2.0, Lynette is out to prove that she isn’t the only Nikki/Nicki worthy of attention on the hip-hop scene (I prefer her, actually). With vocal spasticity that would make F. Baby’s head spin, the Freestyle Series alum absolutely destroys one of the more experimental street productions we’ve heard in a minute, courtesy of Matt Hennessey and the first extended Family Guy sample in music history. In addition to previous release Pick A Side, records like these turn listeners heads, which is good, because now everyone knows Nikki’s not to be slept on…and that the bird is the word. If you liked this little piece of insanity, be sure to keep it locked to the DJBooth when we drop her latest mixtape, Roses N’ Guns 2: The Badder Assed Mixtape That Rocks, on May 18, and be sure to check out Bird‘s accompanying video.
Written by Sigurd on 04/21/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothing to Worry About [Premiere]" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.