As many emcees have observed, there’s a big difference between “this Rap Sh*t, and that real life.” (Few, however, will admit that they themselves keep it anything less than one-hundred—it’s always those other motherf**kers.) On Nike Nando‘s latest feature, an unreleased outtake from his next street album, the Maryland emcee throws that conflict into sharp relief, rhyming about working multiple day jobs and taking his girl to McDonald’s over the incongruously swanky, string-led sample work of DeuceTheMusic. Though this joint didn’t make the final cut, those feeling it will undoubtedly find more to like on Nike Nando’ forthcoming mixtape, SprdLv. Featuring reader-approved singles Double Dragon and 301, the project is slated to drop digitally before the month is out.
Written by richard on 03/15/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Music & Sound" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.