In order to maintain some semblance of sanity, you’ve gotta to be able to get away from it all every now and again—whether that entails jet-setting around Europe or, as in the case of Nike Nando, simply enjoying some cold beers in good company. On his latest mixtape single, the DMV native reminds us that we don’t need a Passport to escape from the stresses of the daily grind; backed by 17-year-old beatsmith Matt McGhee‘s breezy synth boardwork (sampled from indie-rockers the Freelance Whales’ Hannah and liberally seasoned with those ubiquitous Funky President ‘Hey!‘s), the up-and-comer pushes aside romantic and professional frustrations to enjoy the simple pleasures of a raucous house party: “Beer pong tables, girls makin’ out, Loud Cloud in the air, shawty twerkin’, shake it out.” So, Booth readers, is this summery selection going to be in rotation at your next rager? If so, more bangers await on Nike Nando’s TheCarryOut3 street album, set to hit the ‘net next week. Also, watch for this joint’s Wesley Rose-directed video to hit the ‘net soon.
Written by richard on 07/18/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Music & Sound" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.