In order to maintain some semblance of sanity, you’ve gotta to be able to get away from it all every now and again—whether that entails jet-setting around Europe or, as in the case of Nike Nando, simply enjoying some cold beers in good company. On his latest mixtape single, the DMV native reminds us that we don’t need a Passport to escape from the stresses of the daily grind; backed by 17-year-old beatsmith Matt McGhee‘s breezy synth boardwork (sampled from indie-rockers the Freelance Whales’ Hannah and liberally seasoned with those ubiquitous Funky President ‘Hey!‘s), the up-and-comer pushes aside romantic and professional frustrations to enjoy the simple pleasures of a raucous house party: “Beer pong tables, girls makin’ out, Loud Cloud in the air, shawty twerkin’, shake it out.” So, Booth readers, is this summery selection going to be in rotation at your next rager? If so, more bangers await on Nike Nando’s TheCarryOut3 street album, set to hit the ‘net next week. Also, watch for this joint’s Wesley Rose-directed video to hit the ‘net soon.
Written by richard on 07/18/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Music & Sound" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)