Feeling run-down? Need a little pick-me-up? Well, you’ve come to the right place; I don’t know how he did it, but Nike Nando seems to have captured a ray of sunshine on wax with his latest single, Might Take Forever. Here, the DMV up-and-comer previously glimpsed on Dre-Ski‘s Music & Sound gives a full demonstration of his talents, cooking up an cheery indie-pop instrumental (anyone I.D. that oddly-familiar sample?) as he celebrates how far he’s come since his early days as an elementary-school student rhyming to impress female classmates (with mixed results). On the back, he acknowledges his past mistakes but keeps his focus on the labors that lie ahead, resolving to “Learn by example, do the right thing, be able to take all the challenges life brings.” With an irresistibly catchy sound and a positive message to boot, this cut seems destined to earn heavy rotation among fans of upbeat, left-of-center freshness. Those craving more should keep it locked for the latest on Love Day, which will be released to the net on February 21.
Written by richard on 01/31/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Music & Sound" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.