Feeling run-down? Need a little pick-me-up? Well, you’ve come to the right place; I don’t know how he did it, but Nike Nando seems to have captured a ray of sunshine on wax with his latest single, Might Take Forever. Here, the DMV up-and-comer previously glimpsed on Dre-Ski‘s Music & Sound gives a full demonstration of his talents, cooking up an cheery indie-pop instrumental (anyone I.D. that oddly-familiar sample?) as he celebrates how far he’s come since his early days as an elementary-school student rhyming to impress female classmates (with mixed results). On the back, he acknowledges his past mistakes but keeps his focus on the labors that lie ahead, resolving to “Learn by example, do the right thing, be able to take all the challenges life brings.” With an irresistibly catchy sound and a positive message to boot, this cut seems destined to earn heavy rotation among fans of upbeat, left-of-center freshness. Those craving more should keep it locked for the latest on Love Day, which will be released to the net on February 21.
Written by richard on 01/31/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Music & Sound" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.