Feeling run-down? Need a little pick-me-up? Well, you’ve come to the right place; I don’t know how he did it, but Nike Nando seems to have captured a ray of sunshine on wax with his latest single, Might Take Forever. Here, the DMV up-and-comer previously glimpsed on Dre-Ski‘s Music & Sound gives a full demonstration of his talents, cooking up an cheery indie-pop instrumental (anyone I.D. that oddly-familiar sample?) as he celebrates how far he’s come since his early days as an elementary-school student rhyming to impress female classmates (with mixed results). On the back, he acknowledges his past mistakes but keeps his focus on the labors that lie ahead, resolving to “Learn by example, do the right thing, be able to take all the challenges life brings.” With an irresistibly catchy sound and a positive message to boot, this cut seems destined to earn heavy rotation among fans of upbeat, left-of-center freshness. Those craving more should keep it locked for the latest on Love Day, which will be released to the net on February 21.
Written by richard on 01/31/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Music & Sound" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.