Feeling run-down? Need a little pick-me-up? Well, you’ve come to the right place; I don’t know how he did it, but Nike Nando seems to have captured a ray of sunshine on wax with his latest single, Might Take Forever. Here, the DMV up-and-comer previously glimpsed on Dre-Ski‘s Music & Sound gives a full demonstration of his talents, cooking up an cheery indie-pop instrumental (anyone I.D. that oddly-familiar sample?) as he celebrates how far he’s come since his early days as an elementary-school student rhyming to impress female classmates (with mixed results). On the back, he acknowledges his past mistakes but keeps his focus on the labors that lie ahead, resolving to “Learn by example, do the right thing, be able to take all the challenges life brings.” With an irresistibly catchy sound and a positive message to boot, this cut seems destined to earn heavy rotation among fans of upbeat, left-of-center freshness. Those craving more should keep it locked for the latest on Love Day, which will be released to the net on February 21.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Music & Sound" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.