Those who are old enough to remember likely have fond memories of Double Dragon, the old school fighting game featuring two twin brothers, Jimmy and Billy, fighting off a gang to rescue their girl. DMV ambassadors Nike Nando and tabi Bonney just so happen to be a lot like Jimmy and Billy. On Nando’s latest, the pair fight “rap clones” in order to save the game that they love from going down the tubes; they also have more lyrical kicks and punches than the 8-bit brothers. With a clean-yet edgy platform from beatsmith T-Mos (also from the DMV), Nando and Bonney lay the smackdown with potent, grimy flows that display a dope arsenal of verbal martial arts, like my favorite line, “super villain scribblin’ lyrical killer’ s**t”. Does Double Dragon live up to its name, or is it more like Pong? If you answer is the former, be sure to peep Nando’s SprdLv tape, out later this month.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/5/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Music & Sound" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)