Now that DMV representer Nike Nando has had his Passport stamped up, the emcee makes his return to the Booth with the Matt McGhee-produced Advances. Compared to past releases from Nando and his go to beatsmith, Advances flaunts a much sultrier sound production-wise. And with provocative lyrics that boast, “I did it all in the name of fornication,” it’s easy to see why Advances would feature a much more mature musical foundation. Although Advances barely passes the two-and-a-half minute mark producer Matt McGhee puts in work, skillfully adding drum kicks, strings, and other smooth sounds to the production. While Advances will not be featured on Nike Nando’s forthcoming album SpreadLove, the DMV emcee does plan on releasing his first single from the album in the near future.
Written by Danielle H. on 07/24/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Music & Sound" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.