Now that DMV representer Nike Nando has had his Passport stamped up, the emcee makes his return to the Booth with the Matt McGhee-produced Advances. Compared to past releases from Nando and his go to beatsmith, Advances flaunts a much sultrier sound production-wise. And with provocative lyrics that boast, “I did it all in the name of fornication,” it’s easy to see why Advances would feature a much more mature musical foundation. Although Advances barely passes the two-and-a-half minute mark producer Matt McGhee puts in work, skillfully adding drum kicks, strings, and other smooth sounds to the production. While Advances will not be featured on Nike Nando’s forthcoming album SpreadLove, the DMV emcee does plan on releasing his first single from the album in the near future.
Written by Danielle H. on 07/24/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Music & Sound" (2010)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.