Now that DMV representer Nike Nando has had his Passport stamped up, the emcee makes his return to the Booth with the Matt McGhee-produced Advances. Compared to past releases from Nando and his go to beatsmith, Advances flaunts a much sultrier sound production-wise. And with provocative lyrics that boast, “I did it all in the name of fornication,” it’s easy to see why Advances would feature a much more mature musical foundation. Although Advances barely passes the two-and-a-half minute mark producer Matt McGhee puts in work, skillfully adding drum kicks, strings, and other smooth sounds to the production. While Advances will not be featured on Nike Nando’s forthcoming album SpreadLove, the DMV emcee does plan on releasing his first single from the album in the near future.
Written by Danielle H. on 07/24/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Music & Sound" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.