Now that DMV representer Nike Nando has had his Passport stamped up, the emcee makes his return to the Booth with the Matt McGhee-produced Advances. Compared to past releases from Nando and his go to beatsmith, Advances flaunts a much sultrier sound production-wise. And with provocative lyrics that boast, “I did it all in the name of fornication,” it’s easy to see why Advances would feature a much more mature musical foundation. Although Advances barely passes the two-and-a-half minute mark producer Matt McGhee puts in work, skillfully adding drum kicks, strings, and other smooth sounds to the production. While Advances will not be featured on Nike Nando’s forthcoming album SpreadLove, the DMV emcee does plan on releasing his first single from the album in the near future.
Written by Danielle H. on 07/24/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Music & Sound" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.