Now that DMV representer Nike Nando has had his Passport stamped up, the emcee makes his return to the Booth with the Matt McGhee-produced Advances. Compared to past releases from Nando and his go to beatsmith, Advances flaunts a much sultrier sound production-wise. And with provocative lyrics that boast, “I did it all in the name of fornication,” it’s easy to see why Advances would feature a much more mature musical foundation. Although Advances barely passes the two-and-a-half minute mark producer Matt McGhee puts in work, skillfully adding drum kicks, strings, and other smooth sounds to the production. While Advances will not be featured on Nike Nando’s forthcoming album SpreadLove, the DMV emcee does plan on releasing his first single from the album in the near future.
Written by Danielle H. on 07/24/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Music & Sound" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.