Living on the East Coast, it isn’t too often that I make a cross-country visit to California. In fact, the only time I have been to The Golden State was a layover in San Francisco. That might have to change, however, because on California, an aptly-named ode to his home state, DJBooth newcomer Nieve officially has me convinced that I need to make my first real visit real soon. Producer Soulchef stays true to his name, cooking up an airy, soulful West Coast inspired beat perfect for Nieve and guest Tunji to rattle off some of the reasons as to why Cali is oh-so-great. If both emcee’s fluid rhymes don’t paint a picture of the Left Coast’s lifestyle, perhaps the visuals, which highlight a few cool spots, will do the trick. For more laid back, breezy cuts, check out Nieve’s latest album Playback, out now.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/2/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What the Night May Bring" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.