Living on the East Coast, it isn’t too often that I make a cross-country visit to California. In fact, the only time I have been to The Golden State was a layover in San Francisco. That might have to change, however, because on California, an aptly-named ode to his home state, DJBooth newcomer Nieve officially has me convinced that I need to make my first real visit real soon. Producer Soulchef stays true to his name, cooking up an airy, soulful West Coast inspired beat perfect for Nieve and guest Tunji to rattle off some of the reasons as to why Cali is oh-so-great. If both emcee’s fluid rhymes don’t paint a picture of the Left Coast’s lifestyle, perhaps the visuals, which highlight a few cool spots, will do the trick. For more laid back, breezy cuts, check out Nieve’s latest album Playback, out now.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/2/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What the Night May Bring" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.