Since her debut album, Make It Hot, was released in ‘98, R&B singer Nicole Wray has gone for a ride on the career roller coaster. After having two full-length albums (Elektric Blue, Lovechild) go unreleased under the supervision of Missy Elliott, Jay-Z and Mike Jones, Wray has gone independent with Boss Up/Greenlight for the release of her third try at a sophomore LP. The first new buzz single, Stand Up, is basically your old-fashioned feel-good ladies anthem, which shows that despite all the setbacks, Ms. Wray hasn’t lost the up-tempo energy we’ve come to love from her. With production work from Dame Grease and over 200 songs in the can, Nicole Wray’s future is now.
Listen to More: Nicole Wray
Written by DJ Z on 01/24/08
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.