Since her debut album, Make It Hot, was released in ‘98, R&B singer Nicole Wray has gone for a ride on the career roller coaster. After having two full-length albums (Elektric Blue, Lovechild) go unreleased under the supervision of Missy Elliott, Jay-Z and Mike Jones, Wray has gone independent with Boss Up/Greenlight for the release of her third try at a sophomore LP. The first new buzz single, Stand Up, is basically your old-fashioned feel-good ladies anthem, which shows that despite all the setbacks, Ms. Wray hasn’t lost the up-tempo energy we’ve come to love from her. With production work from Dame Grease and over 200 songs in the can, Nicole Wray’s future is now.
Listen to More: Nicole Wray
Written by DJ Z on 01/24/08
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.