Pussycat Dolls lead singer Nicole Scherzinger just wants to be known. Sure, when fans see a picture of the dashing beauty they say “Thats the lead singer of PCD,” but rarely is she acknowledged by full name. In fact, this shortcoming has bothered Nicole enough, that the title of her solo debut album, Her Name Is Nicole…, works as an ode to everyone who is still scratching their heads. To kick off the album Nicole offers the up tempo but familiar sounding, Whatever U Like, featuring T.I.. Produced by Polow Da Don (with assistance from Sean Garrett,) the beat and composition are the exact same as Chilli’s Straight Jack and quite similar to that of Kelis’ Blindfold Me (off Kelis Was Here.) Never a brilliant move to use a duplicate beat while dealing with a minor identity crisis, but if you’re Nicole Scherzinger, I guess its OK?
Written by DJ Z on 07/9/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Come To Me (Remix)" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.