Pussycat Dolls lead singer Nicole Scherzinger just wants to be known. Sure, when fans see a picture of the dashing beauty they say “Thats the lead singer of PCD,” but rarely is she acknowledged by full name. In fact, this shortcoming has bothered Nicole enough, that the title of her solo debut album, Her Name Is Nicole…, works as an ode to everyone who is still scratching their heads. To kick off the album Nicole offers the up tempo but familiar sounding, Whatever U Like, featuring T.I.. Produced by Polow Da Don (with assistance from Sean Garrett,) the beat and composition are the exact same as Chilli’s Straight Jack and quite similar to that of Kelis’ Blindfold Me (off Kelis Was Here.) Never a brilliant move to use a duplicate beat while dealing with a minor identity crisis, but if you’re Nicole Scherzinger, I guess its OK?
Written by DJ Z on 07/9/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Come To Me (Remix)" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.