Pussycat Dolls lead singer Nicole Scherzinger just wants to be known. Sure, when fans see a picture of the dashing beauty they say “Thats the lead singer of PCD,” but rarely is she acknowledged by full name. In fact, this shortcoming has bothered Nicole enough, that the title of her solo debut album, Her Name Is Nicole…, works as an ode to everyone who is still scratching their heads. To kick off the album Nicole offers the up tempo but familiar sounding, Whatever U Like, featuring T.I.. Produced by Polow Da Don (with assistance from Sean Garrett,) the beat and composition are the exact same as Chilli’s Straight Jack and quite similar to that of Kelis’ Blindfold Me (off Kelis Was Here.) Never a brilliant move to use a duplicate beat while dealing with a minor identity crisis, but if you’re Nicole Scherzinger, I guess its OK?
Written by DJ Z on 07/9/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Come To Me (Remix)" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.