The name of this Booth newcomer might cause some confusion. His name isn’t “Nicky D;” it’s actually Nicky D’s, so Say It Right. You had better get used to saying it too, because this will be the first of many features to come from Nicky. Rick Hughes handles production on this cut, a Booth-exclusive world premiere. He cooks up a simple, yet effective boom-bap beat sprinkled with some fitting samples and scratches. Atop the beat, Nicky ensures you won’t forget his name, delivering his caustic bars in a smooth, agile flow. Say It Right will be on Nicky D’s upcoming album, The Grey Area, due out next month and available here at The DJBooth.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/4/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.