The name of this Booth newcomer might cause some confusion. His name isn’t “Nicky D;” it’s actually Nicky D’s, so Say It Right. You had better get used to saying it too, because this will be the first of many features to come from Nicky. Rick Hughes handles production on this cut, a Booth-exclusive world premiere. He cooks up a simple, yet effective boom-bap beat sprinkled with some fitting samples and scratches. Atop the beat, Nicky ensures you won’t forget his name, delivering his caustic bars in a smooth, agile flow. Say It Right will be on Nicky D’s upcoming album, The Grey Area, due out next month and available here at The DJBooth.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/4/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.