Today, I found out there was a Grammy category called Best Recording Package, which essentially is the award for best artwork. I know it’s too late to add a nominee this year, but I hope the academy will give Nicky D’s’ latest feature, Clientele, a strong look next year; that AOL-esque artwork is soooo dope. The song (a Booth-exclusive world premiere) ain’t half bad, either! Deserving a Grammy for best sample, Rich Hughes chops up Nas’s It Ain’t Hard Tell, layering it over a dusty jazz backdrop. Atop the beat, Nicky showcases a laid-back flow and a confident, charismatic delivery. Clientele is being dubbed a “B Side” from his last project, The Grey Area, which is available for download right here at The DJBooth.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/10/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say It Right" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.