Today, I found out there was a Grammy category called Best Recording Package, which essentially is the award for best artwork. I know it’s too late to add a nominee this year, but I hope the academy will give Nicky D’s’ latest feature, Clientele, a strong look next year; that AOL-esque artwork is soooo dope. The song (a Booth-exclusive world premiere) ain’t half bad, either! Deserving a Grammy for best sample, Rich Hughes chops up Nas’s It Ain’t Hard Tell, layering it over a dusty jazz backdrop. Atop the beat, Nicky showcases a laid-back flow and a confident, charismatic delivery. Clientele is being dubbed a “B Side” from his last project, The Grey Area, which is available for download right here at The DJBooth.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/10/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say It Right" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)