Today, I found out there was a Grammy category called Best Recording Package, which essentially is the award for best artwork. I know it’s too late to add a nominee this year, but I hope the academy will give Nicky D’s’ latest feature, Clientele, a strong look next year; that AOL-esque artwork is soooo dope. The song (a Booth-exclusive world premiere) ain’t half bad, either! Deserving a Grammy for best sample, Rich Hughes chops up Nas’s It Ain’t Hard Tell, layering it over a dusty jazz backdrop. Atop the beat, Nicky showcases a laid-back flow and a confident, charismatic delivery. Clientele is being dubbed a “B Side” from his last project, The Grey Area, which is available for download right here at The DJBooth.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/10/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say It Right" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.