Today, I found out there was a Grammy category called Best Recording Package, which essentially is the award for best artwork. I know it’s too late to add a nominee this year, but I hope the academy will give Nicky D’s’ latest feature, Clientele, a strong look next year; that AOL-esque artwork is soooo dope. The song (a Booth-exclusive world premiere) ain’t half bad, either! Deserving a Grammy for best sample, Rich Hughes chops up Nas’s It Ain’t Hard Tell, layering it over a dusty jazz backdrop. Atop the beat, Nicky showcases a laid-back flow and a confident, charismatic delivery. Clientele is being dubbed a “B Side” from his last project, The Grey Area, which is available for download right here at The DJBooth.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/10/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say It Right" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.