Today, I found out there was a Grammy category called Best Recording Package, which essentially is the award for best artwork. I know it’s too late to add a nominee this year, but I hope the academy will give Nicky D’s’ latest feature, Clientele, a strong look next year; that AOL-esque artwork is soooo dope. The song (a Booth-exclusive world premiere) ain’t half bad, either! Deserving a Grammy for best sample, Rich Hughes chops up Nas’s It Ain’t Hard Tell, layering it over a dusty jazz backdrop. Atop the beat, Nicky showcases a laid-back flow and a confident, charismatic delivery. Clientele is being dubbed a “B Side” from his last project, The Grey Area, which is available for download right here at The DJBooth.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/10/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say It Right" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.