People obviously love talking about Nicki Minaj, and looking at Nicki Minaj, but it’s starting to look like they may not be so interested in listening to Nicki Minaj. Despite a tsunami of hype, Minaj’s lead single Massive Attack has more or less flopped on the charts (and in the Booth). Unfortunately, I don’t really think her new single Your Love is going to help turn the tide. Your Love is as close to a slow jam as Nicki’s going to get, with producer Papa Justifi [of the Knightwritaz] flipping an Annie Lennox sample into a softly echoing track that Nicki fills with some of the slowest, most subdued rhymes we’ve ever heard from the usually schizophrenic emcee. Plus she decides to take on hook duties; not a lot of good decisions being made on this one. Then again, I’ve been wrong before (there was this one time…). As always, I’ll leave it up to the Booth to decide Your Love’s final fate. Either way, without a hit single, I wouldn’t be surprised if Nicki’s currently untitled debut album gets pushed back from its late summer release date.
Written by Nathan S. on 05/11/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Get Crazy ft. Lil Wayne" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.