People obviously love talking about Nicki Minaj, and looking at Nicki Minaj, but it’s starting to look like they may not be so interested in listening to Nicki Minaj. Despite a tsunami of hype, Minaj’s lead single Massive Attack has more or less flopped on the charts (and in the Booth). Unfortunately, I don’t really think her new single Your Love is going to help turn the tide. Your Love is as close to a slow jam as Nicki’s going to get, with producer Papa Justifi [of the Knightwritaz] flipping an Annie Lennox sample into a softly echoing track that Nicki fills with some of the slowest, most subdued rhymes we’ve ever heard from the usually schizophrenic emcee. Plus she decides to take on hook duties; not a lot of good decisions being made on this one. Then again, I’ve been wrong before (there was this one time…). As always, I’ll leave it up to the Booth to decide Your Love’s final fate. Either way, without a hit single, I wouldn’t be surprised if Nicki’s currently untitled debut album gets pushed back from its late summer release date.
Written by Nathan S. on 05/11/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Get Crazy ft. Lil Wayne" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.