The Booth reaction to Roman in Moscow, the lead single off Nicki Minaj‘s sophomore set, was polarizing to say the least. While several die-hards came through with five-star reviews, many reacted to the noisy production, absurd lyrics and over-the-top delivery with confusion and annoyance. Rather than following it up with something a little more pop-appealing, the femcee seems to be doubling down with the project’s latest promo single, which finds her voicing her contempt for a certain Stupid Hoe whose name rhymes with, uh, “Lil Pim.” T. Dunham takes an ultra-minimal approach on the production tip, pairing incessantly-pounding percussion with an equally incessant “woop” sound (I’m not sure what else to call it) as Zolanski busts out every vocal quirk in her repertoire. Lyrically, Minaj keeps it schizophrenic as usual, ricocheting between pointed barbs (“Hey yo, Baby Bop, f*ck yo and your EP.”) and anatomically improbable weirdness (“You could suck my diznick, if you take these jizzes.”) and capping the record off with the perhaps-untimely boast, “I am the female Weezy.” Digging it? You can cop Stupid Hoes now on iTunes, as well as keeping it locked for the latest on Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded, due out on Valentine’s Day 2012.
Written by richard on 12/20/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Get Crazy ft. Lil Wayne" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.