The Booth reaction to Roman in Moscow, the lead single off Nicki Minaj‘s sophomore set, was polarizing to say the least. While several die-hards came through with five-star reviews, many reacted to the noisy production, absurd lyrics and over-the-top delivery with confusion and annoyance. Rather than following it up with something a little more pop-appealing, the femcee seems to be doubling down with the project’s latest promo single, which finds her voicing her contempt for a certain Stupid Hoe whose name rhymes with, uh, “Lil Pim.” T. Dunham takes an ultra-minimal approach on the production tip, pairing incessantly-pounding percussion with an equally incessant “woop” sound (I’m not sure what else to call it) as Zolanski busts out every vocal quirk in her repertoire. Lyrically, Minaj keeps it schizophrenic as usual, ricocheting between pointed barbs (“Hey yo, Baby Bop, f*ck yo and your EP.”) and anatomically improbable weirdness (“You could suck my diznick, if you take these jizzes.”) and capping the record off with the perhaps-untimely boast, “I am the female Weezy.” Digging it? You can cop Stupid Hoes now on iTunes, as well as keeping it locked for the latest on Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded, due out on Valentine’s Day 2012.
Written by richard on 12/20/11
Schizophrenia is a mental disorder characterized by a breakdown of thought processes which most commonly manifests itself as auditory hallucinations, disorganized speech and thinking, and it is accompanied by significant...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Get Crazy ft. Lil Wayne" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.