Two months after the release of the most successful female emcee album in over a decade, Pink Friday still has the game in a frenzy. Whether it was the Euro-pop songs that had you dancing, or the out-of-nowhere lyrical slaughter in her Monster verse, Nicki has made a major impact in the game. Now, with a remix of her alter ego’s smash hit Roman’s Revenge, Nicki decided to switch Eminem off the track and replace him with Young Money head honcho Lil Wayne; but is it better? Produced by Swizz Beatz, which anyone can tell since it’s the same drum pattern as Busta Rhymes’ Touch It, we still get the same love ‘em or hate ‘em Nicki verses, but either way since they’re unchanged let’s just skip over to Wayne’s part. As far as Weezy’s flow goes, he sounds like he is back on the same style he was using for his We Taking Over verse. Although a bit whiney, his forever tempo changing and hard emphasizing punch line rap style fits the song quite well. Whether or not it’s actually better than Eminem’s original verse is completely your decision though. Well? Is it?
Written by Jay Flowins on 01/18/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Get Crazy ft. Lil Wayne" (2009)
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.