Two months after the release of the most successful female emcee album in over a decade, Pink Friday still has the game in a frenzy. Whether it was the Euro-pop songs that had you dancing, or the out-of-nowhere lyrical slaughter in her Monster verse, Nicki has made a major impact in the game. Now, with a remix of her alter ego’s smash hit Roman’s Revenge, Nicki decided to switch Eminem off the track and replace him with Young Money head honcho Lil Wayne; but is it better? Produced by Swizz Beatz, which anyone can tell since it’s the same drum pattern as Busta Rhymes’ Touch It, we still get the same love ‘em or hate ‘em Nicki verses, but either way since they’re unchanged let’s just skip over to Wayne’s part. As far as Weezy’s flow goes, he sounds like he is back on the same style he was using for his We Taking Over verse. Although a bit whiney, his forever tempo changing and hard emphasizing punch line rap style fits the song quite well. Whether or not it’s actually better than Eminem’s original verse is completely your decision though. Well? Is it?
Written by Jay Flowins on 01/18/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Get Crazy ft. Lil Wayne" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.