Two months after the release of the most successful female emcee album in over a decade, Pink Friday still has the game in a frenzy. Whether it was the Euro-pop songs that had you dancing, or the out-of-nowhere lyrical slaughter in her Monster verse, Nicki has made a major impact in the game. Now, with a remix of her alter ego’s smash hit Roman’s Revenge, Nicki decided to switch Eminem off the track and replace him with Young Money head honcho Lil Wayne; but is it better? Produced by Swizz Beatz, which anyone can tell since it’s the same drum pattern as Busta Rhymes’ Touch It, we still get the same love ‘em or hate ‘em Nicki verses, but either way since they’re unchanged let’s just skip over to Wayne’s part. As far as Weezy’s flow goes, he sounds like he is back on the same style he was using for his We Taking Over verse. Although a bit whiney, his forever tempo changing and hard emphasizing punch line rap style fits the song quite well. Whether or not it’s actually better than Eminem’s original verse is completely your decision though. Well? Is it?
Written by Jay Flowins on 01/18/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Get Crazy ft. Lil Wayne" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.