The building is cold and sterile. You slowly walk the white halls until you reach the common area where all the patients come to play. Some are Scrabble champs, others mindlessly drool at Small Wonder reruns that play on the static filled screen. All of a sudden there’s a ruckus; it’s none other than the lone female schizo in the psych ward, Nicki Minaj, who’s being taken over yet again by Roman Zolanski, and this time he’s gone mad! He doesn’t drop names as to who he’s so pissed at, but apparently the b*tch is from Brooklyn, and he’s exacting Roman’s Revenge. Out of nowhere, the most talked about and feared bipolar patient in the building Eminem unleashes his alter ego Slim Shady, who continues his tradition of bodying anything he breathes on, including this Swizz Beatz produced track that coincidentally sounds like something he would’ve made for Busta Rhymes, and whose unspoken presence lurks the halls of this asylum. It’s clear Slim and Roman have set the spot ablaze with punchlines from every direction, but is it enough to make us fly over the cuckoo’s nest on Nov. 22 and pick up Pink Friday?
Written by Jessica "Compton" Bennett on 11/1/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Get Crazy ft. Lil Wayne" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.