Are you one of those Nicki Minaj fans who lamented the Young Money heavyweight “going pop?” Well get ready for a dope surprise—Roman Reloaded, the latest single and title track off the Young Money hitmaker’s sophomore set, is all about the rhymes. Here, Rico Beats handles production duties, serving up an ultraminimal siren/percussion beat to back Minaj and label boss Weezy as they drop bite-sized verses. Is this an improvement over previous releases off Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded, which have failed to win Booth acclaim? Debate away—and watch for the project to hit record stores and online retailers April 3.
Written by richard on 02/24/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Get Crazy ft. Lil Wayne" (2009)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.