Are you one of those Nicki Minaj fans who lamented the Young Money heavyweight “going pop?” Well get ready for a dope surprise—Roman Reloaded, the latest single and title track off the Young Money hitmaker’s sophomore set, is all about the rhymes. Here, Rico Beats handles production duties, serving up an ultraminimal siren/percussion beat to back Minaj and label boss Weezy as they drop bite-sized verses. Is this an improvement over previous releases off Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded, which have failed to win Booth acclaim? Debate away—and watch for the project to hit record stores and online retailers April 3.
Written by richard on 02/24/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Get Crazy ft. Lil Wayne" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.