Are you one of those Nicki Minaj fans who lamented the Young Money heavyweight “going pop?” Well get ready for a dope surprise—Roman Reloaded, the latest single and title track off the Young Money hitmaker’s sophomore set, is all about the rhymes. Here, Rico Beats handles production duties, serving up an ultraminimal siren/percussion beat to back Minaj and label boss Weezy as they drop bite-sized verses. Is this an improvement over previous releases off Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded, which have failed to win Booth acclaim? Debate away—and watch for the project to hit record stores and online retailers April 3.
Written by richard on 02/24/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Get Crazy ft. Lil Wayne" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.