Are you one of those Nicki Minaj fans who lamented the Young Money heavyweight “going pop?” Well get ready for a dope surprise—Roman Reloaded, the latest single and title track off the Young Money hitmaker’s sophomore set, is all about the rhymes. Here, Rico Beats handles production duties, serving up an ultraminimal siren/percussion beat to back Minaj and label boss Weezy as they drop bite-sized verses. Is this an improvement over previous releases off Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded, which have failed to win Booth acclaim? Debate away—and watch for the project to hit record stores and online retailers April 3.
Written by richard on 02/24/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Get Crazy ft. Lil Wayne" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.