Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Where does Nicki Minaj keep Roman Zolanski, her diabolical alter-ego, when he’s not in use? It’s a question that it’d never occurred to me to ask - don’t alter-egos typically stay in the same body as normal egos, anyway? - but apparently it does have an answer: he returns to Mother Russia. Roman in Moscow, the newly-released opening track and lead single off the Young Money hitmaker’s sophomore album, finds Minaj doing what (in my not-so-humble opinion) she does best: delivering aggressive, occasionally absurd, hyperkinetically-flowed bars over a hard-hitting instrumental, “no motherf*cking hook” necessary. Over Street Runner and Sarom Soundz’ chopped string/brass samples and pounding bass, the femcee announces her triumphant return to the game, advising listeners to brace themselves (“Bucktooth!”) for the dopeness that awaits on her second album. So readers, are you ready for Minaj/Zolanski to “[f*ck] up yo life?” like (s)he did this time last year? Then keep it locked for all the latest on Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded, which as-yet lacks a solid drop date.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Get Crazy ft. Lil Wayne" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.