Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Where does Nicki Minaj keep Roman Zolanski, her diabolical alter-ego, when he’s not in use? It’s a question that it’d never occurred to me to ask - don’t alter-egos typically stay in the same body as normal egos, anyway? - but apparently it does have an answer: he returns to Mother Russia. Roman in Moscow, the newly-released opening track and lead single off the Young Money hitmaker’s sophomore album, finds Minaj doing what (in my not-so-humble opinion) she does best: delivering aggressive, occasionally absurd, hyperkinetically-flowed bars over a hard-hitting instrumental, “no motherf*cking hook” necessary. Over Street Runner and Sarom Soundz’ chopped string/brass samples and pounding bass, the femcee announces her triumphant return to the game, advising listeners to brace themselves (“Bucktooth!”) for the dopeness that awaits on her second album. So readers, are you ready for Minaj/Zolanski to “[f*ck] up yo life?” like (s)he did this time last year? Then keep it locked for all the latest on Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded, which as-yet lacks a solid drop date.
Written by richard on 12/4/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Get Crazy ft. Lil Wayne" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.