Having twice tried to replicate the chart success of lead selection Starships and fallen short (see Beez in the Trap and Right by My Side), Nicki Minaj is pulling out the big guns for single number four off her sophomore set. Along with a video directed by Benny Boom, Pound the Alarm finds RedOne, Carl Falk and Rami Yacoub coming together to craft a dancefloor-scorching Eurodance backdrop for the YMCMB heavyweight’s hard-partying verses, as well as the obligatory anthemic chorus. Fans can find this high-energy cut and much more on Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded, available in stores and online as of April 2.
Written by richard on 07/31/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Get Crazy ft. Lil Wayne" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.