Recent singles Yass Bish and Chi-Raq have seen Nicki Minaj edging away from bubblegum pop toward hip-hop—with mixed results, judging by the reviews both tracks received on our pages. On the freshly-minted Pills and Potions, the YMCMB heavyweight returns to a more melodic approach as she revisits poignant memories of an ex-man over Dr. Luke‘s arena-ready synth boardwork. Is this ballad destined to become the Harajuku Barbie’s laest hit? Debate away—and keep your browsers locked for more fresh tunes leading up to the unscheduled arrival of her junior set, The Pink Print.
UPDATE: We’ve added the visuals for Pills N Potions, featuring an appearance from Game.
Written by richard on 06/10/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Get Crazy ft. Lil Wayne" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.