Recent singles Yass Bish and Chi-Raq have seen Nicki Minaj edging away from bubblegum pop toward hip-hop—with mixed results, judging by the reviews both tracks received on our pages. On the freshly-minted Pills and Potions, the YMCMB heavyweight returns to a more melodic approach as she revisits poignant memories of an ex-man over Dr. Luke‘s arena-ready synth boardwork. Is this ballad destined to become the Harajuku Barbie’s laest hit? Debate away—and keep your browsers locked for more fresh tunes leading up to the unscheduled arrival of her junior set, The Pink Print.
UPDATE: We’ve added the visuals for Pills N Potions, featuring an appearance from Game.
Written by richard on 06/10/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Get Crazy ft. Lil Wayne" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.