Recent singles Yass Bish and Chi-Raq have seen Nicki Minaj edging away from bubblegum pop toward hip-hop—with mixed results, judging by the reviews both tracks received on our pages. On the freshly-minted Pills and Potions, the YMCMB heavyweight returns to a more melodic approach as she revisits poignant memories of an ex-man over Dr. Luke‘s arena-ready synth boardwork. Is this ballad destined to become the Harajuku Barbie’s laest hit? Debate away—and keep your browsers locked for more fresh tunes leading up to the unscheduled arrival of her junior set, The Pink Print.
UPDATE: We’ve added the visuals for Pills N Potions, featuring an appearance from Game.
Written by richard on 06/10/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Get Crazy ft. Lil Wayne" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.