Recent singles Yass Bish and Chi-Raq have seen Nicki Minaj edging away from bubblegum pop toward hip-hop—with mixed results, judging by the reviews both tracks received on our pages. On the freshly-minted Pills and Potions, the YMCMB heavyweight returns to a more melodic approach as she revisits poignant memories of an ex-man over Dr. Luke‘s arena-ready synth boardwork. Is this ballad destined to become the Harajuku Barbie’s laest hit? Debate away—and keep your browsers locked for more fresh tunes leading up to the unscheduled arrival of her junior set, The Pink Print.
UPDATE: We’ve added the visuals for Pills N Potions, featuring an appearance from Game.
Written by richard on 06/10/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Get Crazy ft. Lil Wayne" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.