Recent singles Yass Bish and Chi-Raq have seen Nicki Minaj edging away from bubblegum pop toward hip-hop—with mixed results, judging by the reviews both tracks received on our pages. On the freshly-minted Pills and Potions, the YMCMB heavyweight returns to a more melodic approach as she revisits poignant memories of an ex-man over Dr. Luke‘s arena-ready synth boardwork. Is this ballad destined to become the Harajuku Barbie’s laest hit? Debate away—and keep your browsers locked for more fresh tunes leading up to the unscheduled arrival of her junior set, The Pink Print.
UPDATE: We’ve added the visuals for Pills N Potions, featuring an appearance from Game.
Written by richard on 06/10/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Get Crazy ft. Lil Wayne" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.