2010 has definitely been good to Nicki Minaj. Love it it or hate it, she’s been a ubiquitous presence that has forced the world to take notice, racking up countless song features, magazine spreads, music videos and a Grammy nod just one week after her much anticipated debut Pink Friday dropped. Her latest (previously leaked) single Moment 4 Life featuring Drake is triumphant and bold, with T-Minus contributing riveting production that aids the listener in visualizing such an epic endeavor. It’s refreshing to be reminded that Nicki CAN carry a song by herself - comparing herself to David slaying Goliath with a rock was dope - but that being said, Drake’s contribution adds absolutely nothing, disrupting the sincerity of the emotion she displays (sorry Drizzy, I just don’t think it worked out for you this time). And to top it all off, Nicki can also carry a tune, which you’ll hear when you get to the hook. Moment 4 Life hit radio today, so it goes without saying that Ms. Minaj’s ubiquitous presence will be invading even more of your audio space in the days to come.
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 12/7/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Get Crazy ft. Lil Wayne" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.